12 July 2009

Gumbo

My first attempt at Gumbo. I sort of used a recipe but I added my own things as well so i am claiming it as mine:)

1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
10oz sliced okra fresh or frozen
1/4 cup butter
2 tbsp flour
1 tsp Creole Seasoning
1 16oz can whole tomatoes
1 can tomato paste
3 cups chicken broth or stock
1 tbsp hot sauce
1 boneless skinless chicken breast
1 lb shrimp
1 pkg smoked sausage

2 cups prepared rice - follow package directions

In a stock pot add butter and saute onion, garlic and bell pepper for 5 - 7 minutes. Remove mix from pot and add flour. Cook flour for 10 minute or longer until rue is desired darkness.




Add onion and bell pepper mix back into the pot along with the remaining ingredients - except the shrimp.



Simmer on low for 45 minutes then add shrimp and cook for 5 minutes. Serve over rice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Sidebar One

Contact us

Template Hits

Like Us On Facebook

Search

Definition List

Custom content

BlogRoll

Video Widget

Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Followers

About Me

My Photo
Hi, I'm Miranda, the creator, author and photographer of this blog. I have a wonderful husband, Gabe, best taster-dishwasher-critic-dishwasher a woman could have along with our two children, Jacob and Lucy that complete our family. I have a real passion for cooking and baking and this is my attempt to share my adventures in the kitchen with you.

Popular Posts