25 June 2009

Spring Chicken Roll-Ups with Honey Mustard Pan Sauce

This is my spin on Rachael Ray's Spring Chicken Roll-Ups in Dijon
Pan Sauce.
I am not one to mix meats i.e. I am not a Bacon Cheeseburger or Club type of gal so I did not use prosciutto in my roll-ups.
My Ingredients:
4 frozen chicken cutlets, thawed
4 slices of Smoked Provolone Cheese
12 thin spears of asparagus, thawed - I used frozen from Trader Joes
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
Sauce
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp flour
1 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup white wine
2 cloves grated garlic
2 tbsp honey mustard dressing
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp chopped parsley
Pound thawed cutlets to 1/8 inches thick

Season cutlets with salt and pepper then wrap cutlets with cheese and asparagus


Heat olive oil in skillet on medium heat add chicken seam side down and cook for 5 minutes on each side. Keep skillet slightly covered with a lid. Once chicken is cooked transfer chicken to a serving dish


In the same skillet grate garlic over skillet add butter until melted then add flour and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Slowly whisk in chicken broth then add wine, honey mustard and lemon juice cook for 3 -4 minutes.
Pour sauce over chicken and sprinkle with chopped parsley. YUM!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Sidebar One

Contact us

Template Hits

Like Us On Facebook

Search

Definition List

Custom content

BlogRoll

Video Widget

Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Followers

About Me

My Photo
Hi, I'm Miranda, the creator, author and photographer of this blog. I have a wonderful husband, Gabe, best taster-dishwasher-critic-dishwasher a woman could have along with our two children, Jacob and Lucy that complete our family. I have a real passion for cooking and baking and this is my attempt to share my adventures in the kitchen with you.

Popular Posts